Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Etiquetes - Tags

Some will be kind enough to read every post (Thank you!). But others like to tune into a specific category of my experience, like photos, food, art, etc. Thus, I will use the following tags for subsequent posts. If I add a new tag, I'll modify this post so that it remains a complete directory. If, based on what I blog about, you feel that there is another tag I should add that you'd find useful, and it has nothing to do with nightlife, feel free to comment in my latest post and I'll consider your request:

Album - Most posts will have a photo or two directly within them. But, some posts may have enough associated photos to merit a separate photo album, and that's when I'll invoke this tag. Albums will be posted on Picasa; I'll only upload to facebook if there's nice photos of people I know.

Catalossary - As one might expect, written Catalan is present throughout Barcelona. When there's a sign or other posting in Catalan that I find humorous, unexpected, revealing about Catalan culture, and/or otherwise interesting, I'll photograph it and upload it to Picassa. The game is this: Catalossary posts will feature a Picassa link at the top of the post, so you can see the photos and try to guess the translation AND/OR the context of the image (e.g. "Turn left" posted on an ad for the Communist party). Below the link will then appear the context, which may be helpful in deciding the translation, and at the bottom of the post will appear the translation itself. Catalossary posts will also always be tagged "Album" if you just want to enjoy the signage.

Gaudi - Antoni Gaudí is Barcelona's most famous architect, and his works are so famous and synonymous with Barcelona that they warrant a separate tag.

Trips - For when I go on trips out of Barcelona

No comments:

Post a Comment